Friday, November 12, 2010

Kim Schaefer's Calendar Quilts

Kim Schaefer's Calendar Quilts: 12 Months of Fun, Fusible ProjectsThis past weekend I missed out on a quilt retreat that my sister-in-law's family puts on each year.  My sister went to it again this year.  She had an absolute blast!  Even though I couldn't make it, I decided to have a night of the quilt retreat in the living room! Instead of doing housework or sleeping, I spent a late Friday night starting and completing the month of January in Kim Schaefer's calendar quilts.  Kim's patterns include a small quilt for each month.  The quilt is the perfect size for a wall hanging, 20 inches x 24 inches.

 I am ADDICTED!  These are so fun!  I am now working on March and April.

Kim's wall hangings are super cute and super easy!  The background is made up of thirty 4.5 inch blocks.  Then to the background you appliqué cute designs that you make from your scrap fabric!  To appliqué you just use some fusible webbing and then stitch around the designs with a small appliqué stitch on your sewing machine!

You should try it out!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this sounds like a fun book and project. I hope you'll share your completed quilt with us when you're done!

    ReplyDelete