Friday, October 22, 2010

Progress on the Playhouse!

Johnny has been working hard today to get the porch and the fence for the loft built.  I had the day off from work, so I made a Home Depot run with him to get some of the supplies AND we picked out paint!  I was going for the body to be a tan-ish beige color with a soft white trim with plum purple accents!  But Johnny thought purple would be too much.  So we went with a sage green accent.  The inside will be white with a hint of green. 

Here is a picture of the porch!  The girls are already breaking it in with their first tea party. 



Johnny used 4x4s for the posts, 2x2s for the in-between posts and a 2x3 for the railing. 

And check out the decking!  The pressure treated wood he got was on clearance because the green is "going out of style" as Johnny said.  We will be staining the deck and railing.

Here is a picture of the fence for the loft.  It makes me feel a lot better with it up!

Johnny used 2x1s for the fence.  They are about 3 inches apart.  I think it really looks nice.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it all together... Its going up fast! And super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh So cute!Hi. I am a new follower via blog hoppping. Please visit me too @ http://www.mommiesandbeyond.com and also facebook friend me too!

    ReplyDelete