Thursday, May 12, 2011

I Spy Quilt

About six years ago I saw an I Spy quilt where they used a magnifying glass to make it look like a big print fabric is hidden in a small print fabric.  A couple of up close pictures are below so that you can see what I mean.

So after so many years of wanting to try this, I did it!  I have a Husqvarna Viking Designer I sewing machine that my dear husband purchased for me!  I love it!  Anyways, I bought a magnifying glass embroidery design from Nobbie Neez Kids.  Then the fun began!!

After completing 20 blocks, I considered how to put the blocks together.  I decided to put some white sashing in between the blocks with a square on-point at the corners.  I have never made a square on-point, so it was a good learning experience! 

For the borders I used a shortcut way to create squares on point explained in The Border Workbook .

I am pleased with the final product. My dear daughter will be sporting this quilt on her bed once I get it quilted!





No comments:

Post a Comment