Willette's post has challenged me to be thankful in all things. One of the main areas I need to focus my thankfulness is my current place of residence. For eight years I have, off and on, longed to move back to the great state of Iowa. (No snickers! It is the greatest state!) My husband has reminded me the importance of being content and making the best of any situation. And really, how hard is it to make the best of sunny California, especially in the middle of January?! Along with having some of my husband's loving family living right next door!? Still, I find myself antsy at any opportunity that approaches that may mean we could move to Iowa. Instead, I want to be thankful for where I am now and thankful that God knows me and loves me and I will trust in Him!
Make me be accountable to Paul's direction to the Thessalonian's: "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
(1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
Here are some of the things that I am thankful for:
- My Savior, Jesus Christ
- Being able to worship my God freely and openly
- My husband and his adventuresome spirit and love for me and the kids
- My two kids and the baby on the way
- Our health
- Living close to extended family as well as feeling loved by extended family that do not live close by.
- Having a job that has blessed me and my family